Health & Safety COVID-19 Update
At Hermes Mykonos hotel our attention has always been focused on our guests and colleagues health, comfort and safety, hence high standards of safety now, is important more than ever.
As we respond to COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to ensure that guest and colleagues health and safety remains our top priority. Our hotel will be open and welcoming guests from the 21st of May 2021. We are committed to strictly adopting the Greek Government’s health protocols and regulations and all the guidelines imposed by the National Public Health Organization and to make all the necessary adjustments to establish a safe environment based on the current circumstances.
We have put into place measures to protect the health and safety of our guests and colleagues.
These measures include:
- Upon arrival temperature checks are underway for all guests and colleagues, as well as standard protocols for handling temperature detections of 37.5 degrees Celsius and above.
- When requested, the hotel will a) inform visitors about the accommodation policy and the measures taken to deal with any incidents b) provide useful information about health care providers, public and private hospitals, reference hospitals for COVID-19, pharmacies in the area, etc. c) provide personal protective equipment
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) available for all guests to use during their stay, which include face masks, disinfectant hand sanitizers and disposable gloves.
- First response medical kit for taking care of a potential incident such as gloves and disposable masks, antiseptics, cleaning wipes, apron, long-sleeved robe, and laser thermometer.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment are worn by all colleagues throughout the hotel.
- Enhanced health and safety training measures have been put in place for all colleagues, including the correct procedures for wearing PPE equipment, social distancing awareness and case notification protocols.
- Increased cleaning in place of all hard surfaces throughout hotel public areas focusing on frequently used elements such as door handles and elevator buttons.
- Laundry, bedding and linens washed at 70 degrees Celsius temperature to ensure sterilization.
- All colleagues provide service with an attentive manner that balances guest safety with personal reassurance and comfort.
- Ensuring colleagues have a well-informed understanding of the disease and its transmission, providing guidance on appropriate social distancing and use of personal protective equipment, as well as physical and mental health monitoring and support.
- Colleagues are undergoing behavioral training, ensuring empathetic, personalized care and connection are not lost in the absence of close contact and limited face to face interaction.
- Focused re-training programs for Housekeeping teams on all cleaning protocols are being implemented.
- All our staff members are undergoing self-tests on a weekly basis. Most of them are already fully vaccinated.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed at key guest contact areas such as Reception Area, Breakfast area entrance and Pool bar entrance.
- Pool & beach lounge chairs will be placed with 2 meters between groups of guests.
- Hotel vehicles will be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- Increased anti-viral disinfection measures in place for the most frequently touched guests room areas such as light switches, door handles, TV remote, climate control panel and telephone.
- Minimizing the number and frequency of colleagues entering guest rooms during their stay to protect both our guests and colleagues (according to guest’s preference).
- Guestroom Attendants that are need to enter a room will wear gloves and after finishing work and before entering the next room, employees will remove gloves and use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- A guest room rotation plan that allows enough time for proper air circulation after guests check out.
- Removal of most collateral-like pens and paper, books, magazines, kettles, coffee machines, cups, decorative items from all rooms and making them only available upon guest request.
Food & Beverage
- Breakfast area and pool bar will operate with reduced capacity to ensure adequate space and socially distant set-up.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of eating areas and sun-beds with disinfectant.
- Suspension of self-service buffet style breakfast.
- Snack meals can also be served with room service, at no extra cost for room delivery.
Hermes Mykonos Hotel experience may look different in this new environment, but it will feel the same. It will be our people delivering the same attention to detail, intuitive service and personalized care for which our hotel is known and trusted.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely, to abide by all local authorities and evolve our protective measures accordingly. We also understand your need for flexibility when planning future travel and visits to our hotel. To that end, we encourage you to contact our reservation department with any questions or concerns about the operation or any of the measures or your future plans.
Thank you for your understanding and support during these challenging times. Allow us to assist you plan your trip to Mykonos and we all looking forward to welcoming you soon.